Wednesday 11 August 2010

A day out on a Fishing Boat.

I woke up near the window and saw the bright sun reflecting its power onto earth. As Mercury made its way down onto my face it was almost like we were greeting each other in Maori.
So I got up and got ready. I am the second oldest in the family, which means I have to help out my mum or my cousins.
"Darling you're going fishing with your cousins. ' Kay!" yelled my mum.
"Okay then mum," I sighed.

We  hopped into the boat and off we went to the sea. We stopped at a very dangerous place that has sharks that bite you like 6 knives stabbing you. This isn't a good place to fish at but it has very good Kaimoana. After we had finished fishing we headed back home, but as we were going I accidently pushed my cousin Montey into the sea.
"Help! Help! Help me!" she cried.
OMG me and my cousins panicked. What should we do.
"Pull him up," I said. So we pulled her up and suddenly "Shckk" we heard a cracking noise. "Aaaahhhh! My leg," screamed Montey. We quickly pulled her up and saw her leg.
"What happened Montey?" I asked.
"A shark bit my poor leg."  I got my sweater and tied it around her leg.

We started the engine and headed back home, but we were out'a gas. Luckily I had my cellphone with me. So i dialed the Rescue Helicopter to come to our rescue.

1 hour later and we were still stuck, and my cousin was still very, very badly hurt. Then we looked up at the sky. "ITS OUR RESCUE," I cried. So the medicos Sharon and Brian came down to get us one by one.

Finally we were safe at home with our family. On the other hand Montey had to go hospital.

The moral of this story is to never go fishing in a dangerous place and to always take some spare gas for your engine.


By Felicity Mei

3 comments:

  1. You were a wonderful model for the teachers when we had our demo conferencing lessons with Mrs Birch. Thanks for sharing your writing with the teachers on that day Felicity-Mei. We all loved your writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your wonderful story.I really loved the beginning of your story - great imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this is some very interesting Stories i am reading right here i really love the beggining i think one day your going to be a famous book writer for children :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment!